Thursday, June 3, 2010

Los Angeles aka Elle Eh

At the start of July I'll be celebrating my three year anniversary of living in LA. Although, I'm not sure I'll be celebrating per say. I'll more be in shock that it's actually been three years since I graduated college and decided to make my way in the entertainment industry. I'll also be in shock that I'm no where near where I thought I'd be in my career when I was 25.

The idea for this blog started the other day when a new intern started at work and I saw on her resume that she went to Emerson College (my alma mater). I let her know that I went there too and then she asked me what year I graduated. I said, "2007" not thinking it was all that long ago. However, she promptly responded with, "Oh well that's when I graduated from high school..." and I instantly felt like I was 87 years old.

Yet, that realization lead me to question if I've changed since I moved to Los Angeles three years ago. Of course everyone evolves as they move through life. I remember senior year of college when my roommate at the time (Hi Leyla!) told me how different I was from the preppy girl she had met Freshman year. But what has happened since I moved here? Have I become jaded and one of those girls that I hated/made fun of when I visited LA in February of 07? This blog is to chronicle all those moments when I feel like I'm a utter and total valley girl and when I feel the complete opposite and long for my east coast roots.

If nothing else maybe someone will read this and want to make it into a TV show. Wait, does that sentence make me jaded?

1 comment:

  1. Nope, not jaded, just thinking like a writer (pssst kind of why I started mine). Keep it up lady, I shall read.

    ReplyDelete